Vizovice

Historic Sights in the Town of Vrbové » Evangelical Church

Evangelical Church


The Evangelical Church stands at the outskirts of the town nearby the state road to Prašník (Brezová pod Bradlom, Myjava).
During the Reformation, when the local yeomen went over to the side of the Reformation, the local Evangelicals used the Church of St. Martin. At the beginning of the 18th century they wanted to build their own church, which they even started but the social situation after 1708 prevented them to continue. They were not allowed to build the church until the patent of toleration was issued by Joseph II.

 
Copyright Mesto Vrbové
administrátorský prístup